Examples

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Seems like a very comprehensive work, a well-thought one...
Hopefully, it will become de facto standard for C# devs...
  1. Are there any examples of using WebDavSession and WebDavClient classes bsides the fragments given in documentation?
  2. How secure WebDav protocol is? with SSL and without? (I read some recommendation of Eeye for 2010 to disable WebDav due to poor security). I really would like to know the risk before I adopt a protocol/library for extensive work...
Coordinator
Dec 21, 2014 at 1:40 PM
securigy wrote:
Seems like a very comprehensive work, a well-thought one...
Thank you!
  1. Are there any examples of using WebDavSession and WebDavClient classes bsides the fragments given in documentation?
You can find the basic examples on the CodePlex documentation. You can find some more examples, or let's say code fragments and their use, in the developer documentation here.
The documentation was built in order to guide people just getting started with the use of the library. At the moment it lacks a bit of in-depth Information, that's true.
Which examples you are specifically missing?
  1. How secure WebDav protocol is? with SSL and without? (I read some recommendation of Eeye for 2010 to disable WebDav due to poor security). I really would like to know the risk before I adopt a protocol/library for extensive work...
WebDAV is based on the HTTP protocol and is only as secure as the underlying technology. That said, it is secure as long as the communication is secured by SSL. Otherwise all communication will not be encrypted. So always use SSL for maximum security. But this mostly depends on the WebDAV server and its configuration and capabilities.